Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Blackberry Slider: Yay or Nay


I've been asked to do a review on the upcoming "Blackberry Slider". My first impression, I HATE it! It does to me what the Pearl Flip first did to me. In my eyes it does not look like a blackberry at all. Experts are saying that this Slider will be a part of the "Bold" line of blackberry. As an original Bold user, I find this almost insulting. This device has no resemblance to the Bold series what so ever.

Being a marketing major, I do understand why Blackberry would unveil such a device. There are non- Blackberry users who despise blackberry because of the form factor, because they do not like open phones. And this device will certainly capture the interest of those. I am interested however in seeing how the touch screen performs.

As far as the internals, it is probably going to have the same "guts" as the 9700, with maybe more memory. It will also be shipped with OS 6.0

So the final verdict...if this is where blackberry is headed with their new devices, I will be gripping even tighter to my current, and perfect for me device, Bold 9000.

2 comments:

  1. They need to do some overhaul on the form of this device. I would like to see a touch screen w/qwerty keypad bb, this could be the start, but right now it just looks too bulky for my tastes. I wouldn't market that as a bold, no way. it's different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm def. not a fan of this phone, but I'd love to have os 6.0 on my 9700 :(

    ReplyDelete